I just downloaded and setup the latest 64bit version of SMTPQ from the github repo. After installing and starting the service I did not see any of the messages in the Que being processed. I looked at the log file and found allot of entries like below. Does the new version of SMTPQ require it's own unlock code? Is there any issues with the 64bit SMTPQ receiving email form the 32bit.dll?
I also noticed that the smtp host is set to localhost. Is this because SMTPQ can not decode the headers in the .eml files? --smtpHostname: localhost
(Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:01:06 -0700) ChilkatLog: CloseSmtpConnection: DllDate: Jan 18 2016 ChilkatVersion: 220.127.116.11 UnlockPrefix: Anything for 30-day trial. Username: IV-WEB:SYSTEM Architecture: Little Endian; 64-bit Language: Visual C++ 11.0 / x64 VerboseLogging: 0 --CloseSmtpConnection --ChilkatLog
(Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:01:06 -0700) Send Failed, will try again: e_20160329_200520_9a51950030E254A73.eml (Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:01:06 -0700) tryCount: 3 (Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:01:06 -0700) sleepMillisec: 15000
Yes, the SMTPQ Windows Service app uses CkMailMan just like any other application. There should already be a call to UnlockComponent within the SMTPQ source code. This is where you would insert your unlock code.
answered Apr 02 '16 at 14:34
The unlock code is not encoded and stored in the email header. Given that the SMTPQ source code and VC++ project files are provided, you simply insert your unlock code in the source and build.
In the SmtpQService sub-directory, you'll find the svc.cpp file. That's were you put your unlock code. Here's the current content of that file: